Thursday 22 October 2015

WEEK 7 - Topic 7: Hormones & Regulation, Discussing Test 1 paper & SUMMARY

REFLECTIVE JOURNAL - WEEK 7

Hello readers,

This is the last post for my entries. We have covered the last sub unit topic which is hormones regulators and discussing exam paper for test 1. We do not have class on the first class for week 7 due to the bad haze and we got a day off on Tuesday. Week 7 is actually the last lecture we'll be having class with Prof Madya Dr. Parameswari.

Topic 7: Plants Hormones Regulation 


 

Based on my knowledgement before learning the hormones regulators topic, the most common hormones are auxin, cytokinins and ethyline. As I entered the lecture, a few more hormones that plant actually have which is abscisic acid act as inhibitory chemical compound that affects bud growth, seed and bud dormancy. 

  

  


Next, Gibberellin to initiate mobilization of storage materials in seeds during germination, cause elongation of stems, stimulate bolting in biennials stimulate pollen tube growth. 

So I think, for farmers or anybody who's taking agriculture course and decided to make agricultural as their main or side incomes can increase their crops production with good qualities by controlling their hormones production and nutrients. 

Next, our class had discussed the exam paper for test 1. My mark for test 1 is 7/10 percent. Im quite disappointed with the mark I got because the questions are actually easy and my target is to get an A's. However, I'm still grateful and have to accept it because that was the mark that I deserved based on my revision preparation. I noticed that I'm misunderstood the meaning of questions a lot especially the objective questions.
To be more familiar with the questions I need to do a lot of exercises and readings.

SUMMARY

I would like to thank my Cell and Development Biology's lecturer which is Prof Madya Dr. Parameswari because have taught us well with the syllabuses and also gave us extra knowledge outside of the box. Not only learning about sciences at all but we also got to learn on how to do comics, flyers and the most interesting part ever we got to handle big program which is Trainee Scientist Program for primary school student at standard five level. It's quite tough task and I'm willing to take the responsible because I think I will gain precious experiences while attracts the student's interest into science. This is also my first time doing the proposal of our planning and budgets about the program. I have learnt so many things just for seven weeks. Thank you.


Cheers,
Nurul Syafiqah Azhar, published on 221015, 1052am

No comments:

Post a Comment